TBWA \ Chiat \ Day | Agency Profile, Contacts, AOR, Client Relationships
Service: full service
- Main Telephone
- (310) 305-5000
TBWA \ Chiat \ Day Contacts
Sample of Related Brands
|Renato F.||Chief Creative Officer - LA||CA|
|Sheri T.||Chief Talent Officer||CA|
|Denise R.||Chief Purpose Officer||CA|
|Jillian R.||Chief, Staff||CA|
PepsiCo seeks new marketing chief (Score 39)
- PepsiCo originally hired Ferdinando as the VP of media and digital for its core brands in September 2017.
- The company elevated her to SVP and CMO in October 2019.
- Though Ferdinando did retain some marketing duties, she now oversees Canadian business. This leads me to believe that PepsiCo will need someone else to oversee its US strategy.
- The company will likely:
- Seek a new marketing chief
- Return to heavier ad spend
- Seek additional influencers
- Pursue new agency partners, especially once it finds a new CMO
- Target demographic:
- Gen-Z and millennials: Digital, paid social, YouTube, podcast, and Twitch ads
- Gen-X: National TV, OOH, radio, experiential, print, and local broadcast
Additional spending insights:
- Broadcast insights (TV ad creative spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance) Please refer to
- Digital and social insights (digital ad spend, effectiveness, impressions, and performance for all subsidiaries)
- YTD spend: So far this year, PepsiCo has spent roughly $287.9m on digital ads.
- YTD data: The company has earned around 34.8b digital impressions YTD via Instagram (37%), Facebook (32%), desktop video (19%), Twitter (8%), desktop display (3%), and mobile display (1%) ads.
- PepsiCo has placed 93% of this year's desktop video ads site direct onto YouTube and the remaining 7% site direct onto Twitch.
- Last year: In 2021, the company spent approximately $384m on this channel, up 87% from the approximately $205.4m spent in 2020.
- Additional channel insights
- The brand utilizes OOH, radio, experiential, print, podcasts, and local broadcast, and it works with influencers.
Additional agency insights:
- Opportunity: A new CMO may conduct agency reviews, so contact sooner rather than later to remain top-of-mind.
- Current agency roster:
Insight Sources: Broadcast insights estimated by Kantar.